The Wesley Peachtree Group, CPAs, (WPG) is seeking an experienced CPA to fill a position as audit manager. Ideal candidate possesses several years of audit experience, strong technical skills, and the ability to manage a team. Salary and bonus package negotiable with benefits. Remote workers, hybrid workers, and entrepreneurial-minded candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Submit your information online
or send your resume and query to firstname.lastname@example.org
for immediate consideration.
Summary of Our Expectations:
The Audit Manager is responsible for managing all phases of an engagement from planning to issuance of financial statements. These responsibilities also include overseeing internal operating controls, processes, and practices. They may develop and recommend changes or enhancements to improve client internal controls as well as accounting policies and procedures in accordance with GAAP or GAAS standards established by regulatory bodies, industry standards, or by the government. Audit Managers compose technical consultation memos on engagements, address complex questions involving GAAP or GAAS matters, and advise clients on various financial, regulatory, or economic risks impacting financial and non-financial performance measures. In this role, the Audit Manager maintains key client relationships and serves as the primary contact for clients regarding complex questions and information.
Details of Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements with the ability to manage to budget.
- Review workpapers, financial statements and other documents, responsible for finalizing all client documents, as well as prepare more complex audit areas.
- Coordinate with the Partner on all phases of the engagement, including execution of the engagement letter, communications with the client, staffing requirements, job planning, and scheduling.
- Communicate with Partner on complex or important issues and any significant findings or questions that involve accounting principles or financial statement presentation.
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively.
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews.
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality and maintain executive presence and professional demeanor.
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in audit required.
- Bachelors in Accounting from an accredited university required. MBA / Master’s in Accountancy is a plus.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Products, including Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of accounting software systems preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent people development and delegation skills, including training/instruction and engagement scheduling and budgeting.
- Active CPA license required.
Click here to begin the application